Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Strawberry Crepes

This makes a very rich breakfast dish, but so delicious! The recipe is from Taste of Home Magazine. I'm not sure of the issue number, I've had it for years and it's put away in my magazine mess :-)
Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1-1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
1 to 2 tablespoons butter
FILLING:
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
 
TOPPING:
2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
2 medium firm bananas, sliced
1/4 cup sugar, optional


Directions: In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, milk and eggs. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. In an 8-in. nonstick skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter. Stir batter; pour about 2 tablespoons into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, add butter to a skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper on paper towels in between. In a large bowl, beat the filling ingredients until smooth. Spread 2 rounded tablespoonfuls on each crepe; roll up. In a large bowl, combine topping ingredients; spoon with crepes. Yield: 18 crepes.

 *NOTE* I top these with my homemade strawberry syrup. It's just a batch of homemade jam that didn't thicken all the way :-) I've discovered it makes the most delicious syrup, great for this recipe and great for a topper on ice cream, YUMM!!! I will look and see if I've already posted the recipe for homemade strawberry jam, if not then I will post it!

 Vicky

Post a Comment