Saturday, February 4, 2012

KeyLime Cheesecake


Cheesecake is another one of those foods that I found late in life, especially this one! I'm weird and never really liked cheesecake before (I know some of you almost passed out!) Like so many foods lately, I found this one from fixing something my husband would love, but I ended up loving it too! It's very "limey", but in the most surprising and refreshing way! I found the recipe on allrecipes.com.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs, (1 whole package, 9 full crackers)
6 tablespoons butter, melted
24 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
3 eggs
1 tablespoon grated lime zest
2/3 cup key lime juice

Directions:

Combine cookie or graham cracker crumbs with butter or margarine. Press into bottom and partially up sides of 9 inch springform pan. Refrigerate.

Now grate your limes and juice them. I used my Pampered Chef Microplane Fine Adjustable Grater for this step

In a large bowl, beat with an electric mixer the cream cheese, sugar, lime peel, and cornstarch until smooth and fluffy.

Beat in eggs one at a time, blending just until smooth. Add key lime juice with mixer on low. Finish mixing by hand. Do not overbeat, or cake will crack during baking. Pour batter into prepared crust.
Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 55 to 65 minutes, or until set. To minimize cracking, place a shallow pan half full of hot water on lower rack during baking.
Turn oven off, and let cheesecake stand in oven 30 minutes with the door open at least 4 inches. Remove from oven.
Refrigerate cake overnight, and up to three days.

I can't help it, this makes me automatically think of Pac-Mac, LOL!

Enjoy this refreshing, tasty dessert!!

*Note* For a perfect Cheesecake that isn't cracked in the middle, remember DO NOT over beat! I also always bake my cheesecakes on a cookie sheet (in a springform pan of course!) with a round cake pan 1/2 full of hot water on the bottom shelf.

Post a Comment