Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Happy Hump Day & a Book Review

It's been many years since I've heard that expression. I remember we used to say it all the time in grade school. In case you're thinking something else, it means Happy Wednesday, the middle of the week, after you pass the "hump day" then it's smooth sailing to the weekend (grin)

Today I want to share with you one of my very favorite cookbooks. It's called
THE BREAD LOVER'S Bread Machine Cookbook by BETH HENSPERGER




I'll be making some delicious dinner rolls from this cookbook today that I will post later on. My book has lost the dust jacket somewhere along many moves. It also has some crayon scribblings from one of my sweet boys. This is my go to book for bread machine recipes.

*MY REVIEW*
THE BREAD LOVER'S Bread Machine Cookbook is a must have for any bread machine owner! Not only does it offer the classic recipes such as white bread and sweet breads, but offers many artisan breads as well. There's also a section on making jams, preserves and chutneys with your bread machine!
Along the way there are tidbits of helpful information called Baker's Hint's. Every single recipe is prefaced by the story of it's origin or something pertaining to that specific recipe, which I found very interesting. I just can't say enough great things about this cookbook.

Post a Comment